Friday, November 9, 2012

A Little Behind..

So I've fallen a little bit behind...
Ok.
Alot behind.

But I am about to catch myself up. I have only done 2 posts, and it's already the 9th... Yikes!
Well, here goes.

#3-
     I am thankful for my dad and how much he has taught me. He knows everything about cars, and computers, and is an AWESOME handyman. I've been so fortunate to never have to get my oil changed or fill up my tires at a gas station. My dad does that for me, free of charge. Everything that has gone wrong at my house, he comes over as soon as he can and fixes it for me. When I have computer troubles, I always go to him. He has taught me to be conservative and not be wasteful, which sometimes kills the rest of us because it feels like he's on the fine line between not wasting and HOARDING. I still love him for it. When I was little, I was definitely a daddy's girl and I learned to love snakes and lizards and tarantulas. Not many girls grow up with that influence. He taught me to drive a boat. He has taught me about honey bees, and stitching up your own wounds, and cameras, and prickly pear juice, and building your own computer, and smoke detectors, and other "not-so-interesting" things that weren't interesting until he dove in and brought them up. My dad is one of the most observant people I know, and also has the ability to find interest and excitement in just about anything. He is pretty easily amused and easily entertained. This is awesome because he does find the magic in everything, and actually takes the time to stop and look at it. As much as I get frustrated with my dad, I could go on and on with this list of amazing traits he has, and that I look up to. Thanks for letting me be the daughter that you brought to work with you every year on bring-your-child-to-work-day. Thank you for coming with my class on almost every single field trip in elementary school. Thanks for being awesome!!! Love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment